Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My thoughts

Today since I've noticed that there was alot of talk on our random scanning I figured I should write about it. And I was... But while I was looking up some things on it I came across some information concerning the educational system all together. I was debating what I was going to write about so I think I'm just going to pick one statement from each thing that I wanted to comment on and write one comment on it. But this one statement made me soo mad that my hands are literately shaking. I think I'm shaking.
This is the statement: "Many education experts say that until teacher quality improves in urban schools, student performance is likely to stagnate and the achievement gap between white and minority students will never be closed." Taken from the New York Times.(New york Measuring Teachers by Test Scores by JENNIFER MEDINA)
My first comment on this is..."This is bullshit." As soon as I read this I had to say something on it. The other articles was like, "yeah, I think I'm going to come back to this." Not with this one. I can't believe people actually believe that. I know a lot of students tend to get mad at teacher when they don't get their shit done, but even they know that's their own fault. And honestly that didn't even start until I got to High School. There was both failures and successes that came out of my school and we all had the same teachers. I'm in a urban area. My area is one of the top 5 areas that most people in Rikers comes from. I had damn good teachers and the reason why some students didn't get out either when they was supposed to or at all was because of them or their own personal problems. I don't believe that the teachers need to do better. I mean really, they don't even get paid a lot(as much as I think they should) and people want them to work as hard as they do. (Don't get me wrong people I don't like teachers) But I am all around fair and if the quality of anything needs to improve its the school itself. Not just it's teachers. Students need to step up too. And yes there are some teachers that need to up their game but most of the teachers that I've come by (hence on the... Very strong hence on the most) are good teachers. Maybe I'm lucky.

Oh,There's this other article that is talking about giving teachers pay and tenures based on how their students do on test plain and simply. And they're also going to use something called micro-targeting. You look it up and let me know. This next statement would hurt if I was one of the people it's talking about, "The Mayor and Chancellor see teachers as the biggest impediment to their reforms. Naturally, they’d want to weed out the biggest potential critics as well as those who are merely ineffective.” NO KOMMENT...

....Talk about your parody....LMAO

1 comment:

td said...

love.this.post.dont.even.know.how.to.respond. what a thoughtful entry.